Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm Here!

Well, I'm here. Today was the first day and while there was some new information, all in all, it was a typical orientation type day. I should know, I have led an awful lot of orientations over the last 10 years. I can't give a lot of details about the job aspect, so let me tell you about the great meal that I had, after the first day.

After we left the building, we (a new friend that I have made, I will call her J) walked up 23rd Street and stopped at a restaurant called Circa at Foggy Bottom. It definitely seemed to be a cool place and they have patio dining which was fabulous, since the weather is gorgeous right now. They had happy hour which was nice and were even offering $5.00 wine and 1/2 off bottles of wine. This is an excellent way to try new and different types of wine. J and I both tried the cheese plate, which was extraordinary. The 6 varieties of cheese were served with bread, crackers, nuts, jam, and honey, which brings out lots of flavor in the different varieties. J next had the Mac and Cheese and I had the Lobster Ravioli. They were both small plates, so we each got enough without overdoing it. Which turned out to be excellent planning since we walked home from the metro stop, which is about 1 mile from the apartment. We walked off all that cheese and enjoyed the lovely spring evening.

Altogether, it was an excellent first day and I look forward to tomorrow's surprises. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment