Thursday, March 8, 2012

Final Week Prep....Continued

Okay, so I hit publish before I was ready so here is part two of the update.

Ever wonder what 250 lbs of stuff looks like? Well, I suppose that 250 lbs of potatoes looks very different than 250 lbs of feathers, but in real people stuff? Just because I know that you are curious, here you go.


That's it....six boxes. 250 lbs of stuff. Mostly clothes, lots of clothes, and the hangers that those clothes are on. And shoes, did I mention shoes and the shoe thing that the shoes go in. And bath products, girls have a lot of bath products and I am no exception. Just FYI...for those of you who know that I like to cook. I also snuck in my good knife set, my favorite hand grater, two spatulas and a couple of other neat kitchen tools that I didn't want to be without. 

So here's what happens next. They take the six boxes and turn them into two boxes...


Wow, that's it. That is just 2 boxes and they hold 250 lbs of my most precious possessions. Since it is my first UAB (Unaccompanied air baggage) pack-out, I probably included plenty of stuff that I don't need and didn't include lots of stuff that I will need, but you live and you learn. The next time I pack UAB, it will be in preparation for our first overseas posting. I can't wait. I will be a pro by then, right?

On a more somber note, I hate to think about Al having to get the entire rest of the house packed out. I hate it for him, but there is a small part of me that is really glad that I won't be here. Al and the packers will probably be very grateful that I am not constantly looking over their shoulders, too. 

Well, that's it for now. My flight leaves on Saturday so I am going to enjoy one last visit with my friend Felica tonight and will enjoy the day tomorrow with my sweet Al.

Until we meet again..............

No comments:

Post a Comment