Tuesday, February 21, 2012

3 weeks and counting

So we are in the final stretch...at least for me. In less than 3 weeks time, I will be on a plane headed for Washington DC and my new job with the Foreign Service. Al and Sofia are going to wrap up first grade here in Mississippi and then join me in early May. The house is a wreck; trying to sort everything, figure out what to keep, what to give away, what to throw away, it is a little overwhelming. I have a one way plane ticket, also a little scary and an apartment that I have never seen. At this point, I am praying that everything comes together. Funny thing about praying, it usually works.


I am down to less than two weeks at my current job, which honestly makes me a little sad. It is truly the best job I have ever had. In fact, I am privileged to have worked with the staff and administrators at Garden Park Medical Center and will always be grateful for the amazing learning opportunities that I have had there.


Our family is really excited and we can't wait to learn where our first assignment abroad will take us. Stay tuned for pictures and announcements. We will take you on our adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment